Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance, among many other industry regulations, is top-of-mind for today’s executives in the healthcare field – especially now that the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) is about to begin formal auditing. When it comes to HIPAA security and privacy, and the increasingly complex challenges around securing patients’ vital information, how prepared is your organization?
Responsible healthcare companies are taking preventive action now, ensuring they can demonstrate that they are securing patient information. More importantly, making protecting patient data a point of emphasis for their business. That said, many are seeking help to understand and meet regulatory requirements – such as HIPAA – because there is no prescriptive method or best practice available to guide compliance.
NNYOnline specialists can assist healthcare organizations in successfully navigating the HIPAA maze. Our deep industry knowledge and skilled experts can guide your team as it prepares to implement the institutional changes needed to improve HIPAA Security Rule practices, ensure a sustainable program is in place and prepare for a potential audit.
The scope of our HIPAA Compliance Review focuses on three key areas:
- Physical Safeguards: Including walk-throughs of the IT environment
- Technical Safeguards: Including internal and external security scans
- Administrative Safeguards: Including review of existing policies and interviews with key personnel
Ten areas we examine during this review include security policy, security organization, asset classification and control, personnel security, physical and environmental security, communications and operations management, access control, system development and maintenance, business continuity management and compliance.
Consider a HIPAA Review if your organization:
- Interacts with, manages, stores or transmits patient identifiable information (PII)
- Wants to better understand its level of compliance with HIPAA Privacy Regulations and the HIPAA Security Rule
- Has achieved compliance in the past, but would like to conduct annual reviews of current compliance states to ensure adherence to set policies and standards
Call Us to schedule your HIPAA Security Risk Analysis (315) 782-6944